One week from today, about now I will be embarking on a journey to Haiti. 30 times in the last 24 hours I have said "I am not going", because something or other keeps coming up. And while I am not even handling everything well, somehow I think in my small little brain that I am going to hold everything together. I have evidence of this...
A week ago, I was supposed to be on a very relaxing trip to Los Angeles with my husband. All expenses paid, he had to work a few hours, and then it was just time to reconnect and relax. But the kids were all wired up, and my babysitter found out that she couldn't get off work after all, and it just seemed easier to stay home. Plus, my college girl was struggling and I didn't want to be even further away. Well, let's just say this : I should have gone. It was one of the most stressful weekends ever.
So that being said, here I am faced with an already paid for trip, nothing to do but show up (and that stupid packing I was fussing about yesterday) get on a plane and embark on a journey of a lifetime. Oh, and buy some protein bars and a bottle with a water filter in it....
And I can't let go of 'here'. It's not like I am even in control. It's not like I am even struggling to be in control. It's that I just feel like I need to be here. I don't want to be away from 'here'.
I wonder if I could just bring Haiti to me?
Satan or common sense? I can't decide.
Wendi, there are times that the most amazing part of the journey is pushing everything else out of the way so you can go. With that said, I know how much you were looking forward to going. But is this this the perfect time? Is the spring just not the right time for your gang or will they be just fine with Steve ands your heavenlys Father in charge. I know I am am not being much help, but I want you to continue to pray on it. God will help you discern His answer for you. (((HUGS))). Kerri
ReplyDelete